Advanced Placement Option
If you’re an LVN and you’ve completed the ASVN program or have taken the required General Education courses, you may apply for Advanced Placement status into the BSN program. This would allow you to skip the first year (three semesters) of the BSN program.
If you think you may qualify for Advanced Placement status, you are encouraged to discuss this option with our Admissions Representatives. You also have the option to take the VN and ASVN programs and continue to BSN through the Advanced Placement path.
Click here to read our licensure disclosure.
Graduating with your BSN from Unitek College
Graduates will receive a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Nursing. This degree typically affords Registered Nurses opportunities for greater career advancement, leadership roles and higher salary. In addition, a BSN is often a prerequisite for teaching, administrative, consulting and research roles.
Graduates are prepared to:
- Act as a positive change agent in health care
- Apply evidence-based knowledge to shape nursing practice
- Adhere to ethical, legal, regulatory and professional nursing standards
- Incorporate sensitivity to physical, social, cultural and spiritual patient diversity
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at Unitek College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
To enroll in the Unitek College Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Program, a prospective student must complete the admissions requirements which includes the following:
- Career planning session and admissions interview
- Submit proof of high school education or equivalent
- Entrance assessment test
- Financing arrangements and, if applicable, all documents needed to obtain an official award letter for Federal Student Aid