Unitek College takes student complaints very seriously and is committed to addressing concerns timely and appropriately. This policy has been developed to foster a community of respect, collegiality and professionalism on all Unitek College campuses. Based on the principles of adult communication and accountability,the following is the process for students to make complaints, ask questions or raise concerns.
- Students with questions or concerns are encouraged to speak tothe individuals directly involved.
- Students unable to discuss an issue with the individual involvedare encouraged to follow the chain of command. If that is notpossible or they are unsure of who this may be, students may contact the their Program Director, Academic Dean or Campus Director for guidance. If necessary, the issue can be escalated to the Chief Operations Officer or Chief Academic Officer.
- In addition, there is a secure and confidential suggestion box in each campus located in the main lobby where students can leave their suggestions, questions or issues.
- If students approach staff who are not able to assist them,they will be directed to the appropriate staff person (i.e., if it is anacademic issue, students are directed to the appropriate academic leader; if it is an operational issue, students are directed to the Campus Director).
- Any individual who is contacted by a student with an issue orquestion must also forward that information to the appropriate individual as noted in No. 4 above.
- Each week, the Campus Director will review the suggestion box contents. Items will be inputted into the tracker if indicated andthen forwarded to the appropriate individual for resolution.
- Students who disagree with academic decisions or actions resulting from a violation of policy and/or standard of academic integrity are directed to follow the “Academic Appeals and Grievances” procedures as outlined in the school’s catalog.
The College also maintains an anonymous reporting portal for student concerns. Your instructors, program directors, and campus directors will remain your first line of contact but if you would feel more comfortable submitting a concern, issue, or incident anonymously, you can use our portal at www.unitek.ethicspoint.com. Please watch the following video for more information on how the anonymous portal operates: https://youtu.be/fdOin5EsfmM. After you report a concern, please be sure to follow up using your report key and password within a week so that you can respond anonymously to any follow up questions we may have.
Schools accredited by the Accrediting Commission of CareerSchools and Colleges (ACCSC) must have a procedure and operational plan for handling student complaints. If a student does not feel that the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider contacting the AccreditingCommission. All complaints reviewed by the Commission must be in written form and should grant permission for the Commission to forward a copy of the complaint to the school for a response. This can be accomplished by filing the ACCSC Complaint Form. The complainant(s) will be kept informed as to the status of the complaint as well as the final resolution by the Commission. Please direct all inquiries to:
Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201
(703) 247-4212 or www.accsc.org
California Residents or Out-of-State Students Attending a Campus Located in California
A student or any member of the public may file a complaint about this institution with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education(BPPE) by calling 888-370-7589 or by completing a complaint form, which can be obtained on the bureau’s Internet Web site(www.bppe.ca.gov). Any questions a student may have that have not been satisfactory answered by the institution may be directed to:
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
1747 N. Market Boulevard, Suite 225
Sacramento, CA 95834
P.O. Box 980818
West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818
Phone: (888) 370-7589 or fax: (916) 263-1897
Students of the school’s pre-licensure RN program(s) may also file a complaint about this institution with:
California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN)
P.O. Box 944210
Sacramento, CA 94244-2100
Nevada Residents or Out-of-State Students Attending a Campus Located in Nevada
Students may at any time submit a complaint to:
Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education
2800 E. St. Louis Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89123
Students of the school’s pre-licensure nursing program(s) may file a complaint about this institution with:
Nevada State Board of Nursing
4220 S. Maryland Pkwy, Building B, Suite 300
Las Vegas, NV 89119-7533
Additionally, all students in the Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing (BSN) program may file a complaint with:
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
202-887-6791 (phone) or 202-887-8476 (fax)