The CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund-IHE/Student Aid provides funding to institutions to provide emergency financial aid grants to students whose lives have been disrupted, many of whom are facing financial challenges and struggling to make ends meet.
Unitek College signed and returned the Certification and Agreement to the U.S. Department of Education and intends to use no less than 50 percent of the funding received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students. Award amounts will range from $350 to $3000 per student.
In order to receive CARES Act emergency funding, you must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a current recipient of Title IV Student Federal Financial Aid
- Have been in attendance at a ground campus on or before March 13, 2020
- Have been required to move to an online classroom environment due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Be currently attending Unitek College.
All eligible students who qualify for CARES funding will be receiving an email with application instructions.
Award amounts will be based on Pell Grant and Title IV eligibility as well as the length of the program the student is currently enrolled in. For questions about eligibility, students are encouraged to contact their campus Financial Aid Office or email StudentFinances@unitek.com for assistance.
On the following charts you will find:
- The total amount of funding that Unitek College received for Emergency Financial Aid Grants
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students
- The estimated total number of students eligible to participate in Emergency Financial Aid Grants
- The total number of students who have received Emergency Financial Aid Grants