Fremont, CA (March 28, 2013) – Unitek College is pleased to announce its Vocational Nursing Training program reported the highest aggregate NCLEX passing rates among all private for-profit institutions in the Bay Area.*
- The 91.21% passing rate of the Fremont campus marks the third consecutive year it has achieved the highest NCLEX passing rate in the Bay Area.
- Second only to Fremont, our San Jose campus** had the second highest aggregate NCLEX passing score of any private for-profit school in the Bay Area***, with an aggregate first-time passing rate of 80.65% for 2012.
Unitek College’s Vocational Nursing Training program prepares students to care for patients under the supervision of a physician or registered nurse. The program is an innovative combination of traditional classroom learning and hands-on training – including 1,000 hours spent in simulation labs and real-world healthcare facilities. The program is designed to be completed in just 11 months.
Navraj Bawa, Unitek College’s Chief Operating Officer, stated, “We are extremely pleased our nursing school is training and educating such capable and competent graduates. The high passing rate they have achieved speaks to the hard work and dedication by the faculty, staff and students. Our faculty and staff have established a culture of excellence, and the students have consistently risen to the challenge. Kudos to the Vocational Nursing Program for the momentous achievement.”
About Unitek College
Unitek College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), a private, non-profit independent accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education. Programs offered include:
- Vocational Nursing Training
- Registered Nurse Bridge – LVN to RN
- 2 Stage Associate Degree Nursing
- Bachelors of Science Nursing – RN to BSN
- Medical Assisting Training
- Pharmacy Technician Training
To learn more about Unitek College, and the programs offered at each of our campuses, visit https://www.unitekcollege.edu or call toll-free at 1-888-735-4355.
* Source: Based on numbers reported by the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians www.bvnpt.ca.gov. The numbers are distributed to vocational institutions each quarter. Access to the report can be found here: https://www.unitekcollege.edu/nclex-scores-2012.pdf.
** Santa Clara Satellite Campus has moved to San Jose; pass percentage represents Santa Clara 2012.
*** Bay Area is a reference to the major cities and metropolitan areas of San Francisco, Oakland, and San Jose.