Medical Assisting is a popular choice at Unitek College. It is often seen as a career that is both stable and rewarding. Not only do Medical Assistants perform a variety of clinical tasks, but they also complete administrative tasks, promote good health habits, and act as a source of safety and comfort for their patients. Due to the high level of patient interaction, Medical Assistants have the ability to impact a patient’s overall experience.
Students at Unitek College learn the fundamentals of the profession in a dynamic-learning environment. They have access to classrooms, labs, and learning resource stations. In the labs, real-world simulations are employed to better prepare students. In fact, Unitek students in the Medical Assistant program also complete a supervised externship.
Read on to learn more about the benefits of formal MA training and the profession itself…
Benefits of the Medical Assisting Profession
- Numerous Work Environments—Medical Assistants work in a number of healthcare facilities. For example, some Medical Assistants work in physicians’ offices, hospitals, hospital clinics, and laboratories. Among other places, they also work for health industry providers and private healthcare facilities.
- A Fairly Quick Time Frame—It’s important to consider Medical Assistant program lengths while you search for the right school. For instance, most Medical Assistant training programs can be completed in a year or less. The MA program at Unitek College can be completed in as little as 9 months, though!
- Specialized Areas of Interest—If you’re curious about medical specialties, there are various types for Medical Assistants. These include but are not limited to ophthalmic Medical Assistants (ophthalmology deals with the eye), podiatric Medical Assistants (podiatry has to do with feet), OB-GYN Medical Assistants (OB-GYN revolves around women’s health), and chiropractic Medical Assistants (chiropractic focuses on mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system).
- An Active, Fulfilling Profession—Medical Assisting is often seen as a rewarding profession. Not only do they help others, but they are also exposed to various medical specialties and can gain valuable experience. Due to the high level of patient interaction and the mixture of administrative/clinical duties, there probably aren’t that many dull moments in the Medical Assisting profession.
- Opportunities to Connect—Medical Assistants assist physicians, interact with numerous patients, and work with other members of the healthcare team. If you enjoy working in a team atmosphere, Medical Assisting could be a great career choice for you.
- Job Security—There is usually a certain degree of job security in the field of Medical Assisting. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of Medical Assistants is projected to grow 29 percent by 2026, a rate that is quicker than the average of most occupations.1 As the baby-boomer population ages and the demand for healthcare grows, the need for a greater Medical Assisting staff will also likely intensify.
A Brief Overview of Unitek College
Founded in 2002, Unitek College is an accredited, private institution that combines unique academic and technical specialties to provide excellent training programs in healthcare and nursing. With seven campuses in California, Unitek offers educational programs in the cities of Fremont, San Jose, Hayward, Concord, South San Francisco, Sacramento, and Bakersfield. All Unitek College campuses offer healthcare career training and clinical education experiences.
If you’d like more information, please visit their contact page and reach out to a friendly school representative!
We Offer Medical Assisting Training Throughout California:
- Bakersfield Medical Assisting Program
- Concord Medical Assisting Program
- Fremont Medical Assisting Program
- Hayward Medical Assisting Program
- Sacramento Medical Assisting Program
- San Jose Medical Assisting Program
- South San Francisco Medical Assisting Program